A weekly analysis of new hip-hop, influential blues, and noteworthy underground artists.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Offthechart's Random Tracks of the Day

Sampling Heart's 'Crazy On You', this first track might be Eminem's greatest love song. Like the rest of his romance-filled tracks, this one is dedicated to ex-wife Kim. Dropping lines like:
You're like the pillar that props me up
The beam that supports me
The bitch who never took half,
The wife who never divorced me.
You're like the root to my evil
You let my devil come out me
You let me beat the shit out you
Before you beat the shit out me.
Em really proves himself to be a true romantic on this one.

Download: Crazy in Love

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why Ludacris is not monumentally more famous. He has dropped so many ill songs over the past decade and, for some reason, just doesn't get the recognition he deserves. This track is off Theater of the Mind, and has got a crazy sample as well as a feature from Floyd Mayweather Jr., the undefeated boxing champ.

Download: Undisputed

Here's an old school track from hip-hop duo Handsome Boy Modelling School. This song has got some crazy scratching skills goin on. Check it out.

Download: Holy Calamity

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greatest scratch song in the world! great post. I am now going to pay more attention to this blog.

Cam Woodsum said...

ridiculous scratching

Unknown said...

agreed

Post a Comment

Blog Archive