A weekly analysis of new hip-hop, influential blues, and noteworthy underground artists.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Jimi Hendrix: Blues (Tracks 8 and 9 of 11)

The next two tracks from Jimi Hendrix's Blues are Jam 292 and Once I Had a Woman.  Jam 292 is a fast-paced jam, an unconventional blues.  There is just a lot going on in this song, including a lot of distortion, and it is somewhat hard to distinguish Jimi's real talent.  The version I have here is called Jelly 292, which is apparently the second take of Jam 292.  Once I had a Woman, on the other hand, is a slow, crying blues, that I associate with Jimi's full bend and simultaneous vibrato.  He gets a lot out of simple licks in this song.  It also has a harmonica part and vocals.  Lord I had a woman, lord knows she was good to me in every way.  Jimi definitely has a lot of fun on both of these tracks, check them out.

1 comments:

Evan said...

I love this CD! One of my Hendrix favs!

Post a Comment

Blog Archive