A weekly analysis of new hip-hop, influential blues, and noteworthy underground artists.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Jimi Hendrix: Blues (Tracks 5 and 6 of 11)

Here's a double installment from the Hendrix Blues album, Voodoo Chile Blues and Electric Church Red House.  I put these two together because they're similar and I have almost nothing to say about them.  They just display more of Hendrix's distinctive, creative soloing ability.  I like some variety, but honestly, the album wouldn't necessarily lose anything without one or the other of these tracks.  Electric Church Red House is, of course, Red House in a completely different way, and Voodoo Chile Blues does the same thing for Voodoo Child.  Electric Church was recorded in 1968 and features an organ; Voodoo Chile was released on the Electric Ladyland album.

Also, check out Red House on my earlier post and Voodoo Child right here.
I guess all I have left to say is, the night I was born, the moon turned a fire red!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive