A weekly analysis of new hip-hop, influential blues, and noteworthy underground artists.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Offthechart's Random Tracks of the Day

First up, is the best (and probably only) song to sample the theme song from The OC: 'I Wish I Knew Natalie Portman' by K-Os, Saukrates and Nelly Furtado. This track was initially going to be called 'On the Run', but due to an issue with the album's publisher, K-Os quickly threw together the songs current name. Shout out to Will Kaupilla for sending me this track.

Download: I Wish I Knew Natalie Portman feat. Saukrates and Nelly Furtado

My personal favorite song off T.I's fourth album, King, 'Bankhead' didn't receive a whole lot of attention due to being shown up by 'Top Back', 'What You Know' and 'Why You Wanna'. This song features T.I.'s group, P$C (Pimp Squad Click) and is about the neighborhood in West Atlanta, in which they all grew up. The beat on this song is ill and perfect for cruising around to. Definitely worth throwing on your driving playlist if you've got one.

Download: Bankhead

Though I usually regard Lupe Fiasco pretty highly, Joell Ortiz and Novel absolutely tear apart his beat from 'Fighters' in this remix of the song. Despite the fact that Novel generally regards himself as a singer, he goes in on his verse (as well as the hook). And Joell, as usual, tears up his bars. Spitting at a mile a minute, Ortiz still manages to flow perfectly alongside the beat. This is off Novel's mixtape 808's and Mixtapes, which I would suggest picking up. All current links are down but I'll re-up the mixtape if anyone wants. Just comment below.

Download: The Fighters (Remix)

0 comments:

Post a Comment